Tomorrow’s UStream show is continuing last week’s tutorial on PET PORTRAITS as requested by @GotPaintInMyHai on twitter. Last week we looked at the initial layers of straight, dark hair on a cat. This week we’ll be refining our dark hair and looking at light, curly/wavy hair on a dog. If there’s time we will also be refining features, but I may do that next week.
- Where: Rhomany’s Realm on UStream (or click on ‘watch live’ in the page above)
- When: Show starts at 5pm GMT, technology permitting. I sometimes have trouble with set up, so please be patient. You can convert that to your time zone here.
- What: Drawing a reasonable likeness of a pet dog and looking at light fur, wavy fur and features this week.
- Who: Anyone! Log in with Facebook or a UStream/yahoo account if you want to chat, or just watch as a guest if you prefer.
If you can’t make the show live it will be recorded, so don’t worry, you can watch later if you wish.
Anyone wanting to play along will need the following:
- Your journal or some paper. I’ll be using my altered book journal, but you may want to use watercolour paper initially.
- Mixed media. Whatever you normally use.
- White gouache, acrylic paint/ink or gel pen
- Waterproof black pen
- Picture of your pet. Choose a fairly easy pose such as sitting up for a dog, lying down for a cat etc. We’ll be concentrating mostly on the facial features.
Tools – Your usual mixed media what-have-yous.
The show will be recorded, so if you miss it you can watch it on demand later
Powered by Facebook Comments